Friday, September 10, 2010

Extras On Parade!

I haven't seen Thursday's show yet, but in the meantime here is a video and images of what I was talking about regarding the extras. As it turns out, the "woman" with the hat is actually THREE women in hats and party dresses, so no wonder it seemed to me that their walk-ons were excessive! There's a blond, a brunette and a redhead, and they all have their hair up in a bun. I guess I was so focused on the regular characters when I did the Boogie Chillen that I didn't look close enough at the extras to realize it was 3 different women -- I was just distracted by them constantly walking by.

On Tuesday's show (the first day of David's death), they were there a lot, but they didn't do nearly as much walking. They mostly stood around talking to people and gawking at David's dead body. At one point they were gawking so avidly I was pretty sure they were going to ask someone to take off David's pants so that they could see him better. Some of the other party guests walked around a LOT, though. Over and over and over again.

On Wednesday's show, the feather-hatted women were on so much that I made a little clip of them so you could see just how often. It's probably better to watch it without the sound since I edited it that way; it's probably quite choppy.



Actually, there was also a man dressed in black, including a black bow-tie and he walked by almost as often as the hatgirls. I think he was telling them where to walk.


And here are a couple of views of the woman with the hideous white dress with the shiny accents and flaps/sort-of bow ... thing ... At one point she started to bend/squat down so that her head would get into a closeup of (I think) Greenlee over the body, but the editors probably realized what she was doing and stopped it just short of her neck.




On a side note, I didn't realize how often Jesse leans way back as he's talking or just tilts his head up. I want to see a clip of THAT one Hubbard-centric day.

Robin "a little something extra" Coutellier

No comments: