Tuesday, May 12, 2009

BC - Mon, 5/11/09

I wasn't playing close attention to WHY Opal was at Ryan's place and I was wondering. She questioned Aidan, but I don't think he asked her why SHE was there before he hustled her out, did he? Later in the show it was revealed that she went over there to tell Ryan NOT to go to the party at the Chandler house. Uh, if that was the case, why did she just quietly let herself in with her key without even knocking when he wasn't expecting her? For that matter, why didn't she just CALL him? Yeah, I know she needed to "see" Annie and catch Aidan, but it was was a) incredibly rude, and b) stupid.

After Opal leaves, Annie rushes into the room, squealing with delight over Aidan being there. He untangles her from him and says: "What the hell is WRONG with you?" Annie: "Uh, I'm criminally insane -- DUH! I killed a few people, remember? Hello??? Is anybody in there??" She thwacks his forehead and a hollow sound echoes forth. Okay she didn't say or do that last part, but it's what I THINK she should have said and done and what would have happened if she HAD.

JAR is mad because "now David has an all-access pass to this house". What does he mean "NOW"? David has ALWAYS had an all-access pass to the house. He pops in and pops up wherever and whenever he feels like it. Has Security ever stopped him, even ONCE?

I think Jill Larson looks much better with her hair red as opposed to blond. OTOH, the matronly style is nice enough, I suppose, but it's kind of Better Crocker/Phoebe Wallingford-ish. Erica wouldn't be caught DEAD with that hairstyle, at least not for another 20+ years.

Ian's heart monitor changes its tune for the worse and David curses, giving the order "INCREASE THE MEDICATION!" WHAT medication? I would imagine Ian is getting more than one medication pumped into him. I would think the name of the medication AND the dosage would normally be included in an order like that. Of course, it WAS Jake he was giving the order to, but still ...

Aisling, I hope your flashbacks weren't too painful when watching Aidan roll down the stairs! I did notice that he landed quite carefully, though, as opposed to thudding onto the ground. Once his stunt double and/or dummy (insert your own joke here) stopped rolling down the stairs and Aiden Turner took over at the bottom, he looked more like a chimp or an orangutan doing a playful somersault. Not that I would expect an actor to be THAT realistic. I suppose that WOULD be asking a lot from one's instrument for the sake of one's craft.

I think the angel and engraved lettering on Babe's grave is supposed to be golden, but on MY TV it kind of looks like the color of baby barf after a baby eats pureed peas.

A poster (katya) on the Pine Valley Podcast blog suggested a GREAT nickname for Marissa. Since Krystal basically auctioned off Babe's twin sister at birth, maybe her nickname should be "E-Babe" I LOVE it!

I have to confess that I'm a little miffed that Krystal kept the BLOND baby instead of the brunette. My sister ALWAYS got the blond dolls and I ALWAYS got the brunette ones. From an adult standpoint, it makes sense in order to differentiate which doll belongs to which little girl, but from a kid standpoint: THAT'S NOT FAIR! Once Marissa finds out (assuming that she doesn't already know it and is just playing along for the time being) that she was sold as a baby so that Mama could keep the shiny blond Baby-Doll with the glittery hoo-ha, she's going to have a wicked MARCIA-MARCIA-MARCIA complex.

Robin "Why, yes, I AM a middle child. Why do you ask?" Coutellier

No comments: