Thursday, January 15, 2009

BC - Mon, 1/12/09

I understand Tad shoving JAR out the door, considering Tad had other things on his mind. HOWEVER, since JAR is clearly inebriated, Tad really should have taken his car keys first.

This has come up before, but I wanted to mention it again. My sister pointed out that the fireplace at the Slater does not have any screens, despite the fact that there are small children (babies even) in the house! Fires are EASILY accessible from TWO sides! Then there's the matter of the ROUGH stone all around the fireplace (all around the entire living room, for that matter). WTF is WRONG with these people? That is NOT a kid-friendly house! The fireplace is nice but it should, at the very least, have been child/baby proofed even before they ever moved in with just Spike in tow, let alone now that there is Spike, Ian, Miranda and Gabrielle! I was thinking about that as I watched Reese swaying while holding Gabrielle -- with the long, trailing pink blanket swaying over and over again toward the open flame. Yeah, it's a fake flame on the set, but still ...

I LOVED seeing that scrunched-up little face the baby made right before it was decided that the baby should quickly exit the scene as she started crying. God, babies are SOOO expressive -- their emotions and reactions can change like lightning, but they ALL flit across their tiny little faces! Not that I'd want to deal with whatever was causing her outburst (based on the fleeting expressions on her little face, I'd say she was taking a dump), but it's entertaining to watch in brief instances :-) Of course, I was so entertained by it that I had to rewind to pay attention to what Reese and Zach were actually saying. Babies (and animals) are also notorious scene stealers.

I thought of my sister again when Reese made the Princess And The Pea comment about Bianca -- in that regard, *I'm* the princess :-)

Brianne Moncrief (Colby) really needs to stop "acting" by simply letting her mouth hang open. It doesn't seem to matter WHAT the scene calls for; she just stands there with her mouth hanging open (well, except for that time she splashed water on Petey's crotch in the pool, but her mouth was probably hanging open then, too). We used to call Dog-Boy/Gabriel Devane "GaPEriel" for the same reason (the Dog-Boy part was because he had been caged and was semi-wild). At The Pine Valley Podcast, they often refer to her as "dead behind the eyes". She's in serious need of acting lessons.

Did you notice in the scene where JAR tells Amanda that her coffee sucks they suddenly started piping in water noises to indicate that they were on a water vessel? I noticed it because I thought there was suddenly a loud, leaky faucet or that perhaps a dripping raccoon was climbing up the ladder out the water. There were also motor noises, which made me wonder if 007 was about to race up alongside the yacht on a jetski and ask for some Grey Poupon.

Tad "gives" Krystal to David. The skank is all YOURS, man. Have at it! Damn, David SOOOO wanted Tad to punch him ... again. I think having Tad lose control and punch him was MUCH more important to him than any other aspect of the whole scenario. Maybe I've been thinking about this all wrong -- he can't help himself -- he CRAVES Tad's touch!

Robin "the women are just fringe benefits" Coutellier

No comments: